Thursday, June 01, 2006

I.T Makeover Part 2: Moovin' up

Well, here we are on arguably one of the best days of the week (the only better day is Friday). I feel a disturbance in the force Obi Wan, the horned ones are restless. I had a dream last nigh that all cows were created equal, not unlike us. But "some animals are more equal than others" according to George Orwells satirical novel 'Animal Farm.' In my dream I was told by a cow that I must focus my energy on the protection of our horny herbivores.


Anyway, I was mooving things around on that desk (yes that messy one in yesterday's blog)for ages. It took some time to get it ordered, but here it is in all of it's practical glory...

Wow, note the absence of clutter and the abundance of space... And I even vaccumed the floor. Nice touch eh?



This is a photo inspired by Gayle. If you have never seen this stuff before, I'll tell you what it is. It's solid core category 5 networking cable (that comes in a variety of colours including pink, to match your designer decor) that we use to network computers together with. Of course, wireless networks are becoming more and more common now and so physical wires are fast becoming a thing of the past. But there is something very appealing about working with cable. It's tangible, its 'earthy' and something that you can physically manipulate; unlike wireless radio waves. And given these characteristics, wired networks still have one very important advantage: Reliability. Rarely do they fail.



Check this out! This is supposed to have a close resemblance to the physical (but theoretical) characteristics of a black hole. Almost makes me want to get sucked into one just so that I can gaze into it: Because it looks so beautiful!

Maybe if we get sucked into a black hole, there will be cows to greet us on the other side in a greener pasture.


There again, maybe our bodies will be dissintegrated molecule by molecule until the total mass of our bodies is spewed out the sides of it like some funky cosmic radiation... Nice.

2 Comments:

At 8:58 pm, Blogger Nicole Finlayson said...

You wouldn't believe how happy I am to see that clear desk!!!! Yay you domestic dude, nice job..;)

And nice um....cable pic and I think that although you've made being sucked into a black hole sound almost inviting, I think I'll pass, the mollecular disintegration sounds kind of ah, messy.

Nic xx

 
At 9:26 pm, Blogger Nathan Finlayson said...

Not to bad a job on cleaning still a little messy under the desk but over all well done.
And ive always wondered what is on the other side? perhaps a mirror world where cows do rule the world and we are the animals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home