Sunday, July 16, 2006

Lazy Sunday



Well, not much to report today, other than what follows...
Shopping mostly sucks: big time. Normally I forget stuff that is clearly marked on my shopping list, but today it wasn't that I forgot things at all. It was actually because the supermarket was out of stock today. As Murphy accurately predicted, the things that are crucial to your menu are always either out of stock, or not in the place they were the last time you looked.

These photos have nothing to do with my adventures today, but they do give me a sense of peace in knowing that dinner was a success afterall, despite my lack of ingredients. A little improvisation went down well amongst the troops.

Well thats all I have to report today, oh by the way dinner was a lovely roast lamb and vegie dinner. Succulent lamb, with crispy vegies co(well kind of -mostly) cooked in a light satay sauce. I still haven't mastered the roast meal, but I think the oven is part of my battle here.

1 Comments:

At 9:33 pm, Blogger Nicole Finlayson said...

Sounds yum you domestic god.....;)

The supermarket is never a fun place to be. I'm sure they're designed to cause frustration from the moment you enter their driveway until you leave in a huff. :( Bring on the on-line supermarket to us country people I reckon.

Nic xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home