Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Stranger things have happened.

Today turned out to be ok, with a slow start however. A job in East Gippsland was in desperate need of attention and unfortunately held up by parts waiting to be received by courier In Melbourne.

There seems to be a problem with a particular piece of equipment in relation to it’s firmware version. Troubleshooting connectivity problems is the key to keeping internet dependent services online, but it is not necessarily an exact science. Sometimes it is a ‘suck and see’ type situation where you replace the most likely candidate for failure, before replacing other parts in a hierarchical order of importance in relation to a basic troubleshooting flowchart.

Such a troubleshooting flowchart goes this way…

If a thing has stopped working, thump it. If it still doesn’t work, kick it. If after a thump and a kick, it still don’t work, chuck it out and get a new one…
If the new one doesn’t work, it probably wasn’t the problem to begin with… (Perhaps you should consider asking someone that actually knows what they are doing). If it still doesn’t work, forget about it and give it to someone that you really don’t like (It is better to drive them crazy than to put yourself through the stress).

In the case of something that is low cost, forget about it. In the case of something like a plasma screen TV, even if it is out of warranty, consider screaming and yelling, hurling profanities at such opportune moments as peak time in the store, regularly drawing attention to yourself, calling for the store manager. It may in fact work.

On another note, I hope you like the photos I took today. They were fun to take in the little time I had in which to take them.

Throughout the day as usual, forces worked against me in my quest for supremacy in this ongoing fight against hardware failure. Even on returning home, I found that my darling wife had sabbotaged my efforts to blog solely about me, adding this little passage to the end of my blog:

"Oh and by the way, my wife is so HOT, with the best arse. She is a wonderful person and I love her dearly. I know I should do the dishes more often, put my dirty clothes in the laundry rather than on the floor, and cook dinner every night to help her out, but if I did, what could she possibly find to grump about as I think I am perfect in every other way."

Hmmmmm...... Not much to say about that really.
Till next time, Adios amigos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home